Thursday, May 20, 2010

One day at a time

I have been getting very frusterated. I'm so used to just picking up and going and only having to rely on myself. What once used to be an exciting day involving work, dancing, working out, taking my dogs to the dog park, is now a gloomy day. I wake up and lie in bed every morning thinking about what I can do to entertain myself. Around 10:30am or so, I crutch my way over to the kitchen where my step father makes me breakfast and coffee while I lay on the couch and watch Family Fued. I try to stay on the couch as long as I can endure it. Which usually isn't that long. Around 12Noon or so, I crutch my way back to bed. I might watch some movies online, or get on Facebook. I try to keep myself from sleeping so that I can actually sleep at night.

My mom comes home from work around 3:30pm and forces me to eat again. I see her so exhausted and tired and it brings tears to my eyes because I should be helping her, making her life easier. Instead, I'm just a burden. She always asks me what I want to eat and I always tell her whatever she wants to make. I don't want her making special meals just because of me. I am a somewhat picky eater, but I don't want to burden her more than I already am. After I eat, I ask my mom to put my wheel chair outside so that I can crutch myself outside and sit for a while. I try to play ball with the dogs. Watching them run always makes me smile. I love it when they bring the ball back to me. My ankle tends to start hurting when I'm in the chair about 45 minutes into it. So, I have to call my mom, to bring the wheel chair back in while I crutch myself back to bed.

I have been crochetting a dress for my mom's dog Brittany. So I will put on my headphones and sit on my bed and crochette away for a good hour. I'm almost done with the dress. I will post photos when I'm done. I think it's going to look totally cute.

After that, It's back on my back in bed watching more movies till I finally fall asleep. This has been going on for nearly 2 weeks now and I'm loosing my spirit. I feel so worthless right now. When you have crutches, you cannot carry things in your hands, so you really can't cook for yourself. If you use the wheel chair, your leg has to be elevated and despending on the layout of your home, you are pretty restricted to where you can and cannot go.

I know that this is temporary. I know I will get well soon and walk again. But it is mentally killing me right now.

Did anyone else who has been in my shoes go through the same emotions? What did you do to get out of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment